Monday, March 9, 2009

Oprah, Jon & Kate Plus 8, and Technology

Hello again!
Today I was watching Oprah and she had Jon & Kate Plus 8 on her show. They were talking to them through the camera because Jon & Kate and their children were at home doing the show. Near the end of the show they used Skype to talk to a couple who was expecting quadruplets. I found this very interesting! I'd never seen anyone on a large television show use Skype. It was soooo cool! How awesome is it that because of Skype the couple could share their story with Oprah and talk to Jon & Kate about their experience. The woman was so far along in her pregnancy that it would be hard for her to travel across the country to be on the show. Instead she can stay in the comfort of her home and talk to America. Anyways I thought this was pretty neat because before this class I'd only seen one person use Skype and it was my roommate last year because boyfriend was in Iraq, so to see something like that used on television was a big deal. 
Again hope everyone is having a good break! See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment